Saturday, April 30, 2011

So she wanted everyone to be Turquoise Fairy Rainbow Princesses for her Birthday

I'm behind again on posting.  I'm tired today, so I'll try to play a bit of catch-up.

For my granddaughter's fifth birthday, I remembered a cape I had made more than 30 years ago, which now lives in the "dress-up" box.  I resurrected it and got some fabric to match.  I made a top and pants from crinkly cotton (the kind that fits when you put it on and two seconds later is big enough for two of you--oops, should have made it a lot smaller).

Top - crinkle gauze - under the cape and in summer it will be quite cool

Back neck opening loop made on the serger; clear button so I didn't have to try to "match" the fabric, which might have been impossible.
loop made from serger strand, which I re-enforced by sewing around it with knots; clear button

and the pants
Crinkle gauze pants to wear with the cape and on cool summer nights

Top it off with the cape (awesome fabric!)
From many, many years ago - probably late 1970's or early 1980's

Complete outfit--although I'm not sure she noticed it...

Outfit accomplished!  (except for the massive stretching, it works well and will be nice in the summer evenings)

No comments:

Post a Comment