We did a class combining applique and a no-seams-showing pillowcase. I didn't really want a pillowcase, so I searched for something a princess would like and came up with this.
Back side, finished pillow case
Front side, finished
The next day, I knew I couldn't give a princess one without making one for her big brother as well. I could only find bits and pieces that will probably eventually end up in his quilt.
Finshed pillow case (no applique)
I think he was possibly more excited than she was!
We were not supposed to stitch down that strip separating the two main fabrics, but I can't stand stuff wadding up in the dryer, so I top stitch.