I had purchased these fabrics in Tennessee last year, as I wanted to make an updated variation of something similar I had made for her mommie years ago.
This was her mommie's
This is a close-up of the fabric combinations for the new one
Back view, with sash
I just couldn't get past that too wide panel of too-large daisy's, so I took strips of the other fabric and did this (all by hand, in an attempt to not "stiffen" the gathered panel and to nail down all four edges of each piece so it looks almost like it's printed there).
So now it looks like this
It's a big improvement. I didn't do the back as I didn't want to make any more stiffness, and now that the front is done, I think it looks fine. It probably needs a bow at the left neck made out of the daisy's, but it would just bug her I think.
Hope she likes it (even though she WILL say, "Nana, you know turquoise is my favorite color now, but I still like pink, too."
Update--she LOVED it and ended up wearing it to dinner that night WITH the vest on top! (Hilarious!) In fact, I have not seen her without the vest since I gave it to her...
Five year olds are precious!