Saturday, November 15, 2008

2008 Shoebox Dolly Clothes (cont'd)

I also made these fun outfits in denim. At this point I had to design the hood pattern, and it worked out really well.

Shown here with the blouse (same pattern as the jacket, sleeveless version), velcro in back)

With the skirt...

With the pants...

(Next time I really should find something other than my iron to prop the dolly on!)

All raw edges are serged.

Pants are hemmed prior to sewing the inside-the-leg-seam (inseam), decorative stitched over the hems.

Skirt is hemmed after the side seams are sewn, then decorative stitches applied.

Hood has some elastic, but later I changed to sewing the elastic either further around the face, or all the way around for a better fit.

Jacket has a decorative button. (You can see the edges of the velcro used to close the front. Over time I determined to cut the velcro in half--you don't need the full width and you can make twice as many that way!)

Elastic is just tight enough to keep things up; too tight is too hard for kiddies to put on.

The only part of this outfit most 3-yr olds need help in putting on is the pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment