Tuesday, November 25, 2008

2008 Christmas Sewing #3 - Hats and Things



Mr. Precious gets a bomber hat. I designed it from scratch and it was somewhat successful. He still wears it.

I used drapery pleating stiffener (2 layers) for the bill. (I need a source of proper hat brims.)

The flaps come down and velcro attaches them under the chin.

A pink bonnet for our Princess. I used the dolly hat/hood pattern, expanded it, and added the band across the top which velcros under the chin.

Tucks at the back of the net to fit.

And her dolly needed a matching one. This dolly is too small for the hat, but it fits her own dolly better.

Side view

There were also several pairs of diapers and panties, by request of the Princess.

Just for fun, I'm throwing in this Christmas present decoration. It contained woodblock calendars for each of my daughters, so I put them both on the present! (Their Dad drew the holding hands part.)

As you can see I'm NOT an artist... But my girls were quite amused!

No comments:

Post a Comment