Sunday, August 28, 2011

Polka Dots for a Sweet Pea

My niece sent me to a company's website for ideas on things to make her daughter.  So I decided it was time to try pants with the knit fabric waist band.

They had made something rather similar from sweat pant material and ribbed knit waist band.  I found my fabric on a "designer samples" table, so it isn't the standard off-the-bolt quilting cotton.  It is ever so slightly heavier (at least it was until I washed it) and slightly sateen finished.  

I didn't have ribbed knit for the waistband, but I had a substantial nice quality knit and it worked quite well.

They had hearts on the knees (and theirs didn't show up either), so I decided it might help to keep it from tearing if she falls and scrapes her knee.

Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment