Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wishing I had a real Embroidery Machine sometimes

The 5-yr old has legs as long as most 7-yr olds, so it's time to get busy again and figure out what pattern to use now.  

I got this denim-looking, but VERY light weight blend for play clothes because it's cool enough for summer and tough enough for the playground.
I decided to play with the decorative stitches on my machine to create the illusion of a flower garden.  I like that I have the one that looks like grass.

A little "flower garden" on each leg

The pants are made from fabric that is really too light for these stitches (which I was pretty sure about before I started), but it was a good one to play around with to see how it would work--now I know--use heavier fabric!

Plain shorts

Now that I have her new size nailed down, I can go make the "real" stuff.

1 comment:

  1. The truth is, I don't really want to OWN an embroidery machine because I would use it so rarely. But I don't want to pay someone else to do it either, as they charge a LOT.

    I wish there was a place one could go like a "typing pool"--only an "embroidery pool". Then I could pick what I want and someone else could execute the design--it would still cost a lot though I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete