Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dress for a "Twirling Princess"

She loves to "twirl" and all things "fancy". So I made this dress and I can't wait to see if she likes it. She'd rather have pink, but it REQUIRES really soft, drapey, light weight fabric, and I could not find matching ones in a suitable pink combination.


It is the sort of dress which looks a lot better ON, than just hanging there limp, but I still don't have a way to blur faces, so here it is.

Front is corded at waist

back has elastic at the waist

It should be fun!

Something just isn't ok on this one. It needs something on the bodice. Something like this:

Now THAT's much better!

Close-up of butterfly

Next spring I will make the short pants to match the bodice. They have the same tie arrangement on the side seams at the bottom as the shoulders do on the dress.

Can't wait to see what she says and does with this one.

========

Finally got to give it to her.  It was immediately dubbed the "Butterfly Dress with Handkerchiefs". She twirled and twirled.  I'd say it was a big hit!

========

[Simplicity 2716 - Daisy Kingdom®]

No comments:

Post a Comment