I was sick during the fall. Just before Thanksgiving I managed to make Mr. Precious and the Princess matching jamies, but I have no photos without people. All Christmas sewing was delayed, but in early January 2010 I began to play catch-up.
Our Princess has a "Christmas dress" I wanted to match. This is the result
I could not rapidly replicate the rhinestone buckle, so I used medium silver ric rac. The "ribbon" is braid tape.
White fleece forms the trim at the neck, sleeves, and hem.
Rear view, showing diaper/panties
I made the ruffle on the panties by gathering the same braid trim used on the dress.
I couldn't leave anyone out
Buttons are self-covered with white fleece to match the trim. You can see the velcro fastening under the decorative buttons.
Then came dolly jamies to match the ones I made the kids in November
Someone was turning four, so I experimented on a top and short set with scraps from the Advent Calendar (2008) and fabric I'd had for 5 years.
The top is not long enough. I made a 2-inch self ruffle for it, and it was perfect. (no photo available)
The top is self-bound. It was too wide as shown in this photo, so later I inserted elastic--not something I recommend! (All future tops made from this pattern have elastic inserted through a casing formed by simply "hemming" around the top, and I cut the sleeves deeper so they would not bind under her arms.)
Of course her dolly needed a matching outfit
I actually made the dolly outfit first, and thus got the inspiration for the top and shorts for her.
Back view of top (it is shorter than a dress made from this pattern)